Unable to boot from any external drive
I have used Clonezilla on external hard drives for create image backup, 1stly using Gparted i create 2 partition on external hard disk, 1st one for Clonezilla live boot 300mb FAT32 and the rest NTSF partition to store the images. To install Clonezilla i use Tuxboot. And then restart my pc and boot from the Clonezilla partition then make drive image & store it on NTSF partition. I have used this method on other Windows operating system also like Windows XP, Windows 7/8, Win 8.1, Vista and Windows 10. I purchased WD External hard drive, everything goes fine but drive not boot to Clonezilla. Only message shows is that no operating system was found. I format and re-installed various Clonezilla version but no solution found. i also run WD diagnostic. How to solve this?
If you are going to boot via Gparted, you have to convert BIOS installation to UEFI.
Steps to convert Windows BIOS installation to UEFI
- You have to create a system repair disc
- Choose disk which you want to convert
- Download GPTGEN. This will allows you to convert MBR disc to GPT.
- You were unable to boot your system until the completion of this process.
- When download finished unzip it. And run command prompt and type as below
gptgen.exe -w \\.\physicaldrive0
- Boot with windows installation
- Choose preference and language settings and select Repair your system > Trouble shoot > Adv. option > Command Prompt
- Disk partition is required, create boot partition, type on CMD
- Locate Windows from boot disk with typing below
- After that select disk (replace correct number)
select disk 0
- Verify partition
- Delete old system partition
select partition 1
- Create new boot partition
create partition EFI size=100 offset=1
format quick fs=fat32 label=” System “
create partition msr size=128 offset=103424
- Exit from the diskpart
- Create boot partition data, replace c: with the letter of Windows install (c is by default)
- After all this, restart your computer