windows 10 100% disk usage problem
hay guys Here are a repair methods that has helped other users fix their Windows 10 100% disk usage problem.
just start at the top of the list and work your way down
Method::Disable Windows Search
To determine if Windows Search is causing your 100% disk usage problem
the first thing you should do is
1.temporarily disable Windows Search
2.permanently disable Windows Search
Temporarily disable Windows Search
Windows Search is what makes searching files on your PC much faster. If you don’t use it at all,
or you have another search app, you can disable it completely. Disabling this service will stop the indexing of all files.
But you will still have access to search, which will take longer time.
Here’s how to temporarily disable Windows Search and find out if it’s the cause of your 100% disk utilization problem.
(Note that Windows Search will start again when you restart your computer.)
1) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and X at the same time, then select Command Prompt (Admin)
2) Click Yes at the User Account Control window prompt
3) A mostly black window will then display. This is the command prompt window. In this window, type in the following command
net.exe stop “Windows search”
4) Hit Enter on your keyboard.
Check to see if your disk usage and the performance of your computer improve. If they do,
you should permanently disable Windows Search as described below.
Permanently disable Windows Search
1) Press Windows logo key + R at the same time, and type in services.msc.
2) Locate Windows Search option, double click it to enter its Properties window.
3) Change the Startup type to Disabled. Then click Apply and OK to save your change.